8 Channel 500 V/ 10 mA NIM Power Supply Module (USB/Ethernet/Touchscreen)
- 8 independent channels in a 2U NIM module
- 500 V / 10 mA output range
- Channels with either positive or negative polarity
- SHV coaxial output connectors
- Low Ripple
- Under/over-voltage alert, overcurrent and max. voltage protection
- Interlock logic for board enable and Individual channel kill
- 50 nA Current monitor resolution (with x10 Imon-Zoom: 5 nA)
- 2.8″ color touch screen display
- Local and Remote control (USB2.0/Ethernet)
- Software Tools for easy channel management
The Mod. N8032 provides 8 independent 500 V/ 10 mA channels in a double width NIM mechanics. Each channel can provide a 500V max voltage and a 10 mA max current. The unit is available with positive, negative and “mixed” (4 positive and 4 negative) channels.
Channels outputs are delivered through SHV connectors. The HV output RAMP-UP and RAMP-DOWN rates may be selected independently for each channel in the range 1÷100 V/s in 1 V/s steps. The module features 50 nA Iset resolution.
Module control can take place either locally thanks to a 2.8″ Touchscreen Graphic color LCD display with a completely redesigned user interface or remotely, via USB 2.0 or Ethernet.
A complete set of Software Tools is available to control these units; the user can freely download low level libraries, LabVIEW driver and Graphical application software. Moreover a built-in web interface (Coming Soon) is available to easily controls the module with no need to install software on a PC. The user can monitor the status of the module and configure the HV parameters for each channel in real time.
Safety features include:
- OVERVOLTAGE and UNDERVOLTAGE warning when the output voltage differs from the programmed value by more than 2% of set value (minimum 10V).
- Programmable VMAX protection limit.
- OVERCURRENT detection: if a channel tries to draw a current larger than its programmed limit, it enters TRIP status, keeping the maximum allowed value for a programmable time (TRIP), before being switched off.
- Common Interlock logic for channels enable/disable and individual inputs signal for channel Kill function.
Double width NIM mechanics. Weight: ~2.6 kg
- Output channels
8 channels, SHV connector
Positive, Negative or Mixed (4-8 positive and 4-8 negative) Polarity; common ground
- Output Voltage
- Output Current
- Max. Ch. Output Power
- Vset Resolution
- Vmon Resolution
- Iset Resolution
- Imon Resolution
50 nA (high range) / 5nA (low range)
0 ÷ 500 V
- Vmax resolution
- IMAX hardware
- IMAX hardware resolution
- Ramp Up/Down
1÷100 Volt/s, 1 Volt/s step
Max. time an “overcurrent” can last (seconds). A channel in “overcurrent” works as a current generator; output voltage varies in order to keep the output current lower than the programmed value. “Overcurrent” lasting more than set value (1 to 9999) causes the channel to “trip”. Output voltage will drop to zero either at the Ramp-down rate or at the fastest available rate, depending on Power Down setting; in both cases the channel is put in the off state. If trip= INFINITE, “overcurrent” lasts indefinitely. TRIP range: 0 ÷ 999.9s; 1000 s = Infinite.
Step = 0.1 s
- Voltage Ripple
20 – 1000Hz: <4mV typ; <6mV max
1kHz – 20MHz: <2mV typ; <4mV max
- Vmon vs. Vout Accuracy
± 0.02% ± 100mV
- Vset vs. Vout Accuracy
± 0.02% ± 100mV
- Imon vs. Iout Accuracy
± 0.5% ± 50µA
- Iset vs. Iout Accuracy
± 0.5% ± 50µA
- Humidity range
0 ÷ 80%
- Operating temperature
0 ÷ 45°C
- Storage temperature
-10 ÷ 70°C
- Vout / Temperature coefficient
±50 ppm/°C typ
- Long Term stability (1 week after 1h warmup)
±0.05% constant temp, Vout = 350V, no load
- Local Control
- Remote Control
USB & Ethernet
8 Channel 500 V/ 10 mA NIM Power Supply Module (USB/Ethernet/Touchscreen)Product page
|Name||File extension||File size||Revision||Last update|
|x803x Series 8-16 Ch. Programmable HV Power Supplies||1.14 MB||8||May 13th, 2021|
|Precautions for Handling Storage Installation (ENG/ITA)||179.29 kB||-||April 10th, 2019|
|Name||File extension||File size||Revision||Last update||OS||OS Version|
|DT55xxE - DT547x - DT/R/N14xxET - NDT14xx - N1570 - N568E - N1068 - DT/R/N803x Win 32/64bit USB Driver||ZIP||5.80 kB||2.3||October 27th, 2020||Windows||
Related Software Products
|LabVIEW Driver (PSM - Power Supply Modules)||LabVIEW Instrument Driver for Power Supply Modules|
|GECO2020||GEneral COntrol Software for CAEN HV Power Supplies|
|CAEN HV Wrapper Library||Library for CAEN Power Supply Control|
|EPICS IOC (PSM - Power Supply Modules)||EPICS IOC for Power Supply Modules|
Compare with NIM High Voltage Power Supplies.
|WN8032XAAAAA||N8032N - 8 Channel NIM Programmable High Voltage Power Supply (-500V 10mA) - SHV Common Ground RoHS|
|WN8032XMAAAA||N8032M - 8 Channel NIM Programmable High Voltage Power Supply (4ch-500V 10mA, 4ch+500V 10mA) - SHV RoHS|
|WN8032XPAAAA||N8032P - 8 Channel NIM Programmable High Voltage Power Supply (+500V 10mA) - SHV Common Ground RoHS|