CAEN is involved in several leading-edge R&D collaborative projects, each of them with these common goals: to continue to expand and develop our expertise in high-level electronic design, and to extend this expertise into complementary and relevant applications for the benefit of the community as a whole.
A particular focus of these R&D collaborative projects has been in the fields of SECURITY (CBRNE Protection, Illicit Trafficking Countermeasures, Radiation Monitoring of Sensitive Locations, etc…) and the ENVIRONMENT (Environmental Radioactivity Monitoring, Recognition of Radioactive Contamination Threats, etc…).
Below is a list of our most recent and relevant innovative projects.
- MODES_SNM – MOdular DEtection System for Special Nuclear Materials
- FTK – Fast TracKer for hadron collider experiments
- TAWARA_RTM – TAp WAter RAdioactivity Real Time Monitor
- C-BORD – Effective Container inspection at BORDer control points
- RADIATE – Research And Development with Ion Beams – Advancing Technology in Europe
Italian National/Regional Projects
- SLIMCHECK – SLIMPORT Programme
- SAMORAD – Sistema Airborne di MOnitoraggio della RADioattività
- NEOLITE – Nuove tEcnologie elettrOniche di aLimentazione In ambientTe ostilE
- PRIMIS – PRedIctive MaIntenance in hoStile environment
For more information about CAEN Innovative Projects you can contact us.