8 Fold Charge Preamp / Discriminator & Linear Fan-In
- Designed to process signals generated by Photomultipliers
- 8 channel charge preamplifier and integrator
- Dual sensitivity (-0.83 mV/pC and -8.3 mV/pC)
- Built-in discriminator delivers:
- Majority output
- LVDS signal for arrival times detection
- Sum outputs available
The Model N914 is a 8 channel charge preamplifier and integrator, implemented in a single-width NIM module.
It is designed to process signals generated by Photomultipliers.
The module is provided with LEMO 00 connectors for both input and output signals, except the T# output which is provided through a 16 pin flat cable connector.
The Photomultiplier signal at the input is buffered and processed in several ways:
– The OL# output provides the signal processed by a gateless charge preamplifier and integrator
– The OH# output provides the signal processed by a gateless charge preamplifier and integrator, followed by a 10x gain stage
– The OLSUM output provides the analog sum of the OL# outputs
– The OHSUM output provides the analog sum of the OH# outputs
– The ASUM output provides the analog sum of the CH# inputs
– The MALU output provides a step function (Majority) with a height proportional to the number of channels simultaneously over a threshold settable individually or globally.
– The T_OUT# output provides a discriminator output converted into a LVDS signal to be sent to a TDC for arrival times recording
One unit wide NIM unit
OUTL#: 0.83 mV/pC
OUTH#: 8.3 mV/pC
- TDC output width
- Majority width
- Majority step amplitude
- Integrator time constant
1.2 nF // 100 kOhm
- ASUM out bandwidth
- Discriminator Sensitivity
8 Fold Charge Preamp / Discriminator & Linear Fan-InProduct page
|Name||File extension||File size||Revision||Last update|
|N914 8 Fold Charge Preamp / Discriminator & Linear Fan-In||186.10 kB||3||02/09/2015|
|Precautions for Handling Storage Installation||118.39 kB||-||14/12/2017|