Intelligent Silicon Photomultiplier Tube
- Tube-like compact unit for Gamma Spectropy and/or Neutron detection
- All-in-one detector, electronics and signal processing
- Available as OEM electronics or ASSEMBLY with scintillation crystal
- Compact form factor: Ø 60 mm, h 90/135 mm
- Based on a SiPM area up to 30×30 mm2
- 20-80 V Integrated High Voltage for SiPM biasing
- Ethernet and/or LoRa wireless connectivity
- Web-based GUI for unit control and data analysis
- Software Development Kit based on HTTP and JSON
- Cloud-based application for multiple units networking (RadCloud)
i-Spector is an innovative product designed to operate as full-featured radiation detection systems for Gamma Spectroscopy and/or Neutron-Gamma Discrimination. Its profile makes this unit ideal for many portable applications where size, weight and power consumption are important constraints. Depending on the chosen model, the i-Spector is suitable for a wide range of applications:
- PMT replacement in physics experiment
- Laboratory R&D on SiPM technology
- Portable Gamma-Spectroscopy
- Industrial process monitoring
- Environmental Monitoring
- Handheld borders control against illicit traffic of radioactive material
- Neutron detection experiments
- Vehicle/personnel check-point portals.
i-Spector is a all-in-one detector and electronics instrument based on a SiPM area (18×18 mm2, 24×24 mm2 or 30×30 mm2), possibly coupled to a scintillation crystal suitable for the chosen application. The i-Spector integrates in a compact tube-like mechanics the detection stage, frontend electronics, an integrated power supply for SiPM biasing and, eventually, a digital chain to process onboard the incoming data. The i-Spector can be controlled via Ethernet and/or wireless communication based on LoRa standard.
A web-based GUI allows the user to set the acquisition parameters, see results on plot and perform basic data analysis.
Multiple i-Spector tubes can be connected and controlled from a single PC. The API interface allows to control multiple devices using very simple HTTP requests and JSON vectors. A cloud-based sofware (Rad Cloud – FREE TRIAL) allows to build a network of i-Spector units, collecting data from the detectors and displaying them on maps or interactive tables.
i-Spector is available as OEM electronics, to encourage integration in more complex detection systems, or in ASSEMBLY version, with a suitable scintillation crystal coupled to the SiPM area. The standard assembly is available with CsI for Gamma Spectroscopy and EJ-276 for Gamma-Neutron Discrimination. Other crystals can be mounted on request. The ASSEMBLY unit is enclosed in a light-tight aluminum/plastic tube ( Ø 60 mm, h 135 mm ), with the possibility to unmount the crystal holder and easily change it.
i-Spector is a fully-integrated compact tube designed to replace existing systems based on PMTs. It is based on a SiPM area (18×18, 24×24 or 30×30 mm2) with preamplifier stage and integrated power supply for SiPM biasing with temperature feedback. The i-Spector can be controlled through Ethernet. The output is a fast analog signal that can be digitized or processed with a common Digitizer, MCA or discriminator/TDC chains.
- Replacement of a PMT tube
- Standard assembly with CsI crystal
- Analog amplified output
- Additional timing unit for coincidence and ToF measurements (i-Spector PLUS)
The i-Spector Digital is a fully-integrated, tube-like Gamma Spectrometer designed to operate as a complete radiation detection system, with integrated MCA and optional wireless connectivity. Its profile makes it ideal for many portable applications where size, weight and power consumption are important constraints. i-Spector Digital is based on a SiPM area (18×18, 24×24 or 30×30 mm2), eventually coupled to a suitable scintillation crystal, and it hosts a preamplifier stage, an integrated power supply for SiPM biasing with temperature feedback loop, a pulse shaper, a MCA based on 80 MSps 12-bit ADC and digital charge integration algorithm.
- Embedded 4k MCA
- Standard assembly with CsI crystal: resolution @ 662 keV < 6 %
- Analog output and energy spectrum
- Basic tools for spectrum analysis
- Optional LoRa wireless connectivity (i-Spector LoRa) and Cloud solutions for IoT and environmental monitoring
The i-Spector PSD is a compact neutron detector system based on SiPM, featuring high detection efficiency and wide dynamic range. It is a valuable solution for compact and lightweight instruments for radioactive material identification or environmental measurements.
i-Spector PSD is based on a SiPM area (12×12 or 24×24 mm2) coupled to a fast neutron-sensitive plastic scintillation crystal (EJ-276). The unit is full-featured with a preamplifier stage, integrated HV for SiPM biasing, a 250 MSps 12-bit ADC and a microcontroller to perform real-time pulse shape analysis. It provides as output an amplified analog signal, a 4k channels energy spectrum and a PSD scatterplot calculated onboard.
- Realtime Neutron/Gamma discrimination algorithm
- Includes EJ-276 crystal
- Pulse shape discrimination on scatterplot
- PSD FoM = 2.50 in 1÷1.5 MeV range
|Model||Image||Inputs||Coupling||Channels||No. of HV Outputs||HV Power Output||Acquisition Modes||Ports||Actions|
|i-Spector||1||n/a||n/a||1 (embedded)||+80 V/10 mA||Signal Inspector||Ethernet (Coming soon: USB 2.0)||QUOTE|
|i-Spector Digital||1||n/a||4 K||1 (embedded)||+80 V/10 mA||Signal Inspector, PHA||Ethernet (Coming soon: USB 2.0)||QUOTE|
|i-Spector PSD||1||n/a||4 K||1 (embedded)||+80 V/10 mA||Signal Inspector, PHA, PSD||Ethernet (Coming soon: USB 2.0)||QUOTE|