16 Channel Multihit TDC (25 ps)
- 25 ps LSB
- 21 bit resolution
- 52 µs full scale range
- NIM Input Signals
- 5 ns Double Hit Resolution
- Leading and Trailing Edge detection
- Trigger Matching and Continuous Storage acquisition modes
- 32 k x 32 bit output buffer
- MBLT, CBLT and 2eSST data transfer
- Multicast commands
- Live Insertion
The CAEN Mod.V1290N-2eSST is a 16 channel Multihit TDC, housed in a 1-unit wide VME 6U module. The unit features High Performance Time to Digital Converter chips developed by CERN. LSB is 25 ps (21 bit resolution, 52 µs FSR). The module accepts NIM inputs.
The channels can be enabled for the detection of hits rising/falling edges. For each channel there is a digital adjustment for the zero-ing of any offsets. The data acquisition can be programmed in “Events” (“Trigger Matching Mode”, with a programmable time window) or in “Continuous Storage Mode”.
The module programming is performed via a microcontroller that implements a high-level user friendly interface. The VME interface allows the module to work in A24 and A32 addressing modes.
The board houses a 32 k x 32 bit deep Output Buffer, that can be readout via VME in a completely independent way from the acquisition itself.
The device supports MBLT, CBLT and 2eSST readout modes. Live insertion is also supported.
6U-high, 1U-wide VME unit
16 NIM, 50 Ω impedance
- Double hit resolution
- Acquisition modes
Trigger Matching Mode; Continuous Storage Mode
- Built-in memory
32 kwords deep Output Buffer
- Trigger Window Width
Programmable from 25 ns to 100 µs
- Dynamic Range
- RMS resolution
< 35 ps (typical)
- Integral non linearity
< 2.5 LSB
- Differential non linearity
< 3 LSB
- Interchannel Isolation
≤ 3 LSB
- Offset spread
< 2 ns
- EXT TRIGGER input
Two LEMO 00 bridged connectors, NIM signal, 50 Ω
- Clock source
Internal (40 MHz) or External (on Control connector), dip switch selectable
- Control inputs
NIM std. input signals:
- RST: resets Output Buffer, Status and Control registers.
- CLR: FAST CLEAR of TAC sections rising-edge active, differential ECL input signals:
- CLK: external clock
- TRG: trigger for the TDC latching
- Control outputs
NIM std. signal:
OUT_PROG: control output signal, programmable via the out prog control register
- DTACK: green LED; lights up at each VME access.
- PWR: green/red LED; green: power ON, red: failure status.
- TERM: green LED; control bus termination ON.
- FULL: red LED; memory full. ERROR: red LED; TDC global error.
- ERROR: red LED; TDC global error.
- DRDY: yellow LED; at least one datum in the output buffer
Addressing modes: A24, A32, MCST Data transfer modes: D16, D32, BLT32, BLT64, CBLT, 2eSST
16 Channel Multihit TDC (25 ps)Product page
|Name||File extension||File size||Revision||Date|
|V1190_REV_1.1.RBF||RBF||163.05 kB||1.1||February 10th, 2016|
|Name||File extension||File size||Revision||Last update|
|V1290/VX1290||2.37 MB||16||November 29th, 2016|
|High Performance Time to Digital Converter v2.2 User Manual (for HPTDC version 1.3)||1.23 MB||2||March 1st, 2004|
|Safety Information and Product Support Service (ENG/ITA)||1.83 MB||-||July 24th, 2023|
Compare with TDCs.
|WV1290BNXAAE||V1290N - 2ESST 16 Ch. Multievent Multihit TDC 25 psec NIM (no JAUX)|