16/14 Channel 1-1.3kV (1 - 3 mA) Individual Floating Channel Dual Range Boards for Quadruple and Triple GEM detectors
- 14/16 independently controllable High Voltage channels
- 1 kV and 1.3 kV output voltages
- Dual range current:
- High Power: 1 or 3 mA (1 or 3 nA Current monitor resolution)
- High resolution: 100 or 300 µA (100 or 300 pA Current monitor resolution)
- Radiall 52 pin connectors
- Individual Floating Channel (insulated up to 5 kV)
- Designed specifically for GEM detectors
- Low ripple
- Under/over-voltage alert, overcurrent and max. voltage protection
- Interlock logic for unit enable
- Software Tool for easy channel management
A1515 family are single width board (5 TE wide) that house 14 (A1515VBTG/A1515BCG/A1515BTGHP) or 16 (A1515B/A1515BQG) independent, fully floating high voltage individual channels. Which are perfectly suited for GEM detectors.
All versions are equipped with Radiall Multipin connectors.
The following table shows the available models:
|Max Output V(kV)||1||1||1.3 (2 ch) – 1 (12 ch)||1||1300||1|
|Max Output I (mA)||1/0.1||1/0.1||1/0.1||3/0.3 (1.5 W max)||3/0.3||1/0.1|
|# of ch||14||16||14||14||16||16|
|Features||For Triple GEM chambers||For Quadruple GEM chambers||For Triple Cylindrical GEM chambers||For Triple GEM chambers (high rate)||Non Stacked channels|
The channels have floating return, independent one from another, insulated up to 5 kV (Full Floating channel). The output voltage range is 0 ÷ 1 kV or 0 ÷ 1.3 kV with 20 mV set and monitor resolution.
The output channels offer dual current ranges (software selectable)
|High Power||0 ÷ 1 mA||I set resolution:||20 nA||I mon resolution:||1 nA||Max. power:||0.7 W|
|High Resolution:||0 ÷ 100 µA||I set resolution:||20 nA||I mon resolution:||100 pA|
|High Power||0 ÷ 3 mA||I set resolution:||20 nA||I mon resolution:||3 nA||Max. power:||1.5 W|
|High Resolution:||0 ÷ 300 µA||I set resolution:||20 nA||I mon resolution:||300 pA|
|High Power||0 ÷ 0.5 mA||I set resolution:||20 nA||I mon resolution:||TBD||Max. power:||0.7 W|
|High Resolution:||0 ÷ 50 µA||I set resolution:||20 nA||I mon resolution:||TBD|
Independently programmable for each channel:
|Output voltage:||0 ÷ 1/1.3 kV||step: 20 mV|
|Current limit (Iset):||0 ÷ 1 mA/100 µA
0 ÷ 3 mA/300 µA
0 ÷ 0.5 mA/50 µA
|step: 20 nA
step: 20 nA
step: 20 nA
|HV Ramp up/down:||1 ÷ 100 V/sec||step: 1 V/sec|
Five special version of the board (A1515VBTG/QG/CG/TGHP/V) have been designed specifically for Gas Electron Multiplier (GEM) detectors (Triple, Triple designed for high rate, Quadruple, Cylindrical GEM detectors and Vertex detectors). These boards have the channels internally stacked in order to power up 2 independent Triple GEM / Quadruple GEM / Triple Cylindrical GEM chambers. This configuration permits to avoid any possible issue related to the detector discharge and avalanche effects and gives the possibility to fine tune the voltage on each detector layer easily.
A CAEN SY4527 mainframe equipped with 16 boards can power 32 detectors and the high maximum current available on each channel allows managing the high segmentation of these detectors in the best way. The high max current per channel feature designed into these boards is beneficial for managing the high segmentation of GEM detectors, as it will allow discrete detector layers to perform even in the event of a short. In addition, the 2-quadrant 100 µA low current range allows a 100 pA current monitoring resolution which allows the monitoring of ion backflow currents and also to perform real-time detector diagnostics.
In the GEM dedicated version of the A1515B in the overcurrent condition causes the following actions:
- A1515B or A1515BTG/QG/CG/TGHP/V (not in GEM-mode): the channel is switched of. Output voltage will drop to zero at Ramp-down rate. If TRIP is set to “constant current mode”, the channel behaves like a current generator
- A1515BTG/QG/CG/TGHP/V (in GEM-mode): all stacked channels are switched of following a programmed sequence. Output voltages will drop to zero at Ramp-down rates. If TRIP is set to “constant current mode”, the channel behaves like a current generator. The channels can be enabled or disabled through the Interlock logic. The voltage ramp rates may be set independently for each channel.
Moreover, the following accessories are available: Mate cable connector (Mod. A996) and relevant insertion/extraction tool (Mod. A995).
Safety features include:
- Channels can be enabled or disabled through the Global Interlock logic.
- Overvoltage and Undervoltage warning when the output voltage differs from the programmed value.
- Safety Board Interlock: this protection disables the HV generation when the HV outputs are not connected to their loads.
- Overcurrent detection: when a channel attempts to exceed the programmed current limit, it signaled to be in “overcurrent” and the channel enter in a TRIP status. The output voltage is varied to keep the current below the programmed limit for a programmable TRIP time. Overcurrent lasting more than set value, causes the following actions:
- A1515B or A1515BTG/A1515QG/A1515BCG/A1515BTGHP (not in GEM-mode) : the channel is switched off. Output voltage will drop to zero at Ramp-down rate. If TRIP is set to “constant current mode”, the channel behaves like a current generator.
- A1515BTG/A1515BQG/A1515BCG/A1515BTGHP (in GEM-mode): all stacked channels are switched off following a programmed sequence. Output voltages will drop to zero at Ramp-down rates. If TRIP is set to “constant current mode”, the channel behaves like a current generator.
Moreover, are available the following accessories: Mate cable connector (Mod. A996) and relevant insertion/extraction tool (Mod. A995).
- No. of Channels
16 or 14 (Floating Return) A1515BTG, A1515BQG, A1515BCG, A1515BTGHP: channel are grouped in two “complex” channels
- Output Voltage
0÷1.3 kV (for 2 channels of A1515BCG)
Floating 5 kV
- Max. Output Current
A1515B – A1515BTG – A1515BQG – A1515BCG: 1 mA (700 mW)
A1515BTGHP: 3 mA (1500 mW)
- Voltage Set Resolution
- Voltage Monitor Resolution
- Current Set Resolution
- Current Monitor Resolution
High Resolution:1 nA
300 pAA1515B – A1515BTG – A1515BQG – A1515BCG
A1515B – A1515BTG – A1515BQG – A1515BCG
- VMAX software
0÷1 kV or 0÷1.3 kV (A1515BCG), settable for each channel
- VMAX software resolution
- Ramp Up/Down
1÷100 Volt/sec, 1 Volt/sec step, settable for each channel
Max. time an “overcurrent” is allowed to last (seconds); common to all channels in a “complex channel”. A channel in “overcurrent” works as a current generator; output voltage varies in order to keep the output current lower than the programmed value. “Overcurrent” lasting more than set value, causes the channel to “trip”. Output voltage will drop to zero at the Ramp-down rate; in this case the channel is put in the off state. If trip= INFINITE, “overcurrent” lasts indefinitely. TRIP range: 0 ÷ 999.9 s; 1000 s = Infinite. Step = 0.1 s
- Voltage Ripple
differential mode: typical < 5 mV; max 10 mV
common mode: typical < 10 mV; max 15 mV
- Voltage Monitor vs. Output Voltage Accuracy
0.2% ± 0.2V ± 50ppm/°C
- Voltage Set vs. Output Voltage Accuracy
0.2% ± 0.2V ± 50ppm/°C
- Imon det vs Output current accuracy
0.5% ±5nA ±50ppm/°C with output current from 10% to 100% f.s. and constant voltage
2% ±5nA ±50ppm/°C with output current up to 10% f.s. and constant voltage
- Imon real vs current set accuracy
- Power consumption
90W full power for A1515B (16 CH)
80W standby consumer
- Maximum output power
A1515BTG/A1515BQG/A1515BCG: 700 mW per channel
A1515BTGHP: 1.5W per channel
16/14 Channel 1-1.3kV (1 - 3 mA) Individual Floating Channel Dual Range Boards for Quadruple and Triple GEM detectorsProduct page
|Name||File extension||File size||Revision||Last update|
|A1515 16/14 Channel 1kV, 1/10,1 mA Individual Floating Channel Dual Range Boards for Quadruple and Triple GEM detectors||1.44 MB||8||December 3rd, 2020|
|Precautions for Handling Storage Installation (ENG/ITA)||179.29 kB||-||April 10th, 2019|
Compare with High Voltage Power Supply.
|WA1515BTGXAA||A1515BTG - 14 Channel Floating 1kV, 1mA Board for Triple GEM detectors RoHS|
|WA1515BCGXAA||A1515BCG - 14 Channel Floating 1.3kV/1kV, 1mA Board for Cylindrical GEM detectors RoHS|
|WA1515BQGAXA||A1515BQGA - 16 Channel Floating 1kV,1mA Board for ALICE-TPC GEM, REDEL Conn. RoHS|
|WA1515BQGXAA||A1515BQG - 16 Channel Floating 1kV, 1mA Board for Quadruple GEM detectors RoHS|
|WA1515BTGHPX||A1515BTGHP - 14 Channel Floating 1kV, 3mA Board (1,5W max) for Triple GEM detectors RoHS|
|WA1515BVXAAA||A1515BV - 16 Channel Floating 1.4/1kV, 1mA Board for VertexM detectors RoHS|
|WA1515BXAAAA||A1515B - 16 Channel Floating 1kV, 1mA Board RoHS|