Universal Multichannel Power Supply Systema
- Available in a fully equipped option: SY5527 Premium Version
- Communications via Gigabit Ethernet
- Communications via Wi-Fi (optional)
- OPC Server to ease integration in DCS
- Fast, accurate setting and monitoring of channel parameters
- 5.7″ colour touchscreen LCD (optional)
- Live insertion of boards
- Advanced Trip handling
- Hardware current protection
- Modular and expandable power supply
- Secure access to the system via Intranet
- Application software for remote control
- Graphical web interface
- Easy firmware upgrading
The SY5527 system is the fully equipped experiment version of a new line of power supply systems which represent CAEN’s latest proposal in the matter of High Voltage and Low Voltage Power Supplying. This system outlines a completely new approach to power generation and distribution by allowing the housing, in the same mainframe, of a wide range of boards with different functions, such as High/Low Voltage boards, generic I/O boards (temperature, pressure monitors, etc.) and branch controllers, where the latter are used to control other remote generators and distributors. Modularity, flexibility and reliability are the key-points of its design, enabling this module to meet the requirements needed in a wide range of experimental conditions. The mainframe is housed in a 19″-wide, 4U-high euro-mechanics rack and hosts four main sections:
- the Board Section, with 6 slots to house boards, distributors and branch controllers; “Low cost” version with 4 slots is available (NEW)
- the Fan Tray Section, housing 3 fans arranged on two rows, with programmable rotation speed regulation;
- the CPU and Front Panel Section which includes all interface facilities.
- the Power Supply Section, which consists of the primary power supply and up to 2 power supply units;
- “Low cost” version has only the Primary power supply
The CPU controller is available in 3 different versions: BASIC, ADVANCED and FULL.
- The BASIC version provides all the communication interfaces, the RESET control, the INTERLOCK control and status LEDs.
- The ADVANCED version also provides the beam handshake management connectors (CH-ON, GEN, VSEL, ISEL).
- The FULL version provides the complete set of panel connectors, the ENABLE control section, and the fan speed control.
The Power Supply Unit (PSU) is also available in three versions: PRIMARY, OPTIONAL SINGLE and OPTIONAL DOUBLE.
- The Primary PSU (A4531) is the standard SY5527 power supply block. It includes the SERVICE and 600W PSU within a single slot module. The SY5527 includes one A4531 Primary Power Supply
- The Optional Single PSU provides an additional 600W of power in a single slot module
- The Optional Double PSU provides an additional 1200W of power in a single slot module
Please note: The PRIMARY PSU will be providing power to the boards installed into the mainframe as well as to the motherboard control electronics (CPU). When configuring the SY5527 power output customers should take this factor into consideration. For some applications, especially those which include Low Voltage/High Amperage boards, the power requirement must be carefully considered to avoid failures and maximum component life expectancy. For configuration questions or concerns we recommend that you contact your CAEN representative and/or technical support.
The User Software Interface features the usual friendliness of the previous CAEN systems which now also can optionally include a 5.7″ colour touchscreen LCD (not available on Low Cost version). Modularity has been one of the leading criteria in the design and development of the system: both the Power Supply Section and the Board Section are completely modular. The Power Supply Section allows different configurations with up to 2 power supply units per mainframe (up to 1800 W), while the Board Section can house up to 16 boards able to perform different functions. The complete line of power supply boards and distributors that has been specially developed for SY1527 are fully compatible with the new mainframes.
The minimum working system configuration consists of the primary power supply, one CPU controller and one board. The system allows also to deal with power supply solutions composed by “branch controllers” (housed in the system mainframe) and on-detector “remote boards” (manufactured in order to be magnetic field and radiation tolerant). A sophisticated trip handling via software allows to control and correlate trip conditions on the channels of the crate. Live insertion and extraction of the boards, which reduces the down time of the global system and eases access to the computing core and peripherals of the system, complete the system flexibility.
Easy interfacing is another key-point of the SY5527 system. The Gigabit Ethernet interface (and the optional Wi- Fi interface) allows both an easy web access and the connection via OPC Server to a SCADA control system. Enhanced software programming features a unified command set independent from the interface used to communicate with the system. The Power Supply Section and Board Section can be externally synchronised via front panel connectors. Handy maintenance and upgrading, which constitute a major issue in the reliability of a system, are further guaranteed by the possibility of accessing and servicing the system via network facilities.
The new SY4527 beneficial of a complete set of Software Tools to control the unit and all the parameters of the High Voltage and Low Voltage boards, from low level libraries to graphical application software.
In addition the advanced version of the GECO2020 software introduces Logging and Scripting Capability.
The Logger is a useful tool which records every command sent to the system and every warning/alarm detected by the system. In this way it is possible to automatically monitor the behavior of every single parameter during operations. Complex and advanced commands can be managed through the Scripting capability. Based on a simple proprietary syntax, this tool ensures flexible and fully customizable control on every system and board aspect.
Two new powerful improvements has been carried out on the new backplane:
- A new 48V Power Bus distribution
- FLEXRAY Fast Serial Link
- 19″-wide, 4U-high Euro-mechanics rackW: 19” (483 mm)
H: 4U (177 mm)
D: 747 mm / 667 mm (without handles)
One Primary PSU (A4531) and one CPU(A4528) are included; boards are not included
- Power Requirement
- Voltage range:
Max Power:100/240 Vac
2500 W @ 220 Vac
2340 W @ 110 VacFrequency: 50/60 Hz
Fuse 10×38 25A Rapid 600V
- Max. number of boards per crate
6 (4 on Low Cost version)
- Max. number of Power Supply Units per crate
2 (1 Primary + 1 Optional)
- Primary Power Supply Unit output power
600 W (220 Vac Mains)
550 W (110 Vac Mains)
- Optional Power Supply Unit output power
- Single Version:
Double Version:600 W (220 Vac Mains)
1200 W (220 Vac Mains)550 W (110 Vac Mains)
1100 W (110 Vac Mains)
- Max. output power
1800 W (220 Vac Mains)
1650 W (110 Vac Mains); 600W on Low Cost version
3 versions: BASIC, ADVANCED and FULL
5.7″ Colour Touchscreen LCD (optional) with two USB 2.0 ports for event logging, configuration backup & restore; not available on Low Cost version
Graphical interface control software
OS Platforms: MS Windows, Linux
Web Configurator tool
- Enhanced Software (optional)
Includes advanced features like Logging, Scripting, Alarm handling
- Additional features
OPC Server compatibility
Removable fan unit
FLEXRAY Fast Serial Link
- Environmental requirements
0°C to 40°C
10% to 90% non-condensingStorage
-30°C to 80°C
5% to 90% non-condensing
Universal Multichannel Power Supply SystemaProduct page
|Name||File extension||File size||Revision||Date|
|SY4527/SY5527/LC HV Control firmware||ZIP||789.64 kB||2.0.2||25/03/2019|
|Name||File extension||File size||Revision||Last update|
|SY5527/SY5527LC Universal Multichannel Power Supply Systems 6/4 slots Mainframes||1.98 MB||14||19/12/2018|
|LCD HV Control Software||716.34 kB||0||10/04/2019|
|Precautions for Handling Storage Installation (ENG/ITA)||179.29 kB||-||14/12/2017|
|Name||File extension||File size||Revision||Last update|
|SY5527 SY5527LC System Quickstart Guide||1.43 MB||5||21/06/2017|
Compare with Power Supply System - Mainframes.
|WA5534XAAAAA||A5534 - SY5527 5.7" LCD Touchscreen color Display Unit|
|WSY5527ADVXA||SY5527 - Universal Multichannel Power Supply System - ADVANCED 600W|
|WSY5527BSCXA||SY5527 - Universal Multichannel Power Supply System - BASIC 600W|
|WSY5527FLLXA||SY5527 - Universal Multichannel Power Supply System - FULL 600W|
|WSY5527PREXA||SY5527 Premium - Includes SY5527 FULL, A5534, A4535, SW4536|