CAEN x743 Digitizer Readout Application
- Basic Console application exclusive for x743 CAEN digitizers
- Single and multi-board complete control
- Synchronized mode management of V1743/VX1743
- Multichannel waveform plot
- Advanced mode configuration:
- Common board settings
- Individual settings for threshold and DC offset adjustment
- Advanced mathematical functions: amplitude spectra and FFT
- Multi format (ASCII, binary) data saving
- Source files and Visual Studio project open source for developers
WaveDemo x743 software is a C-based console application for the specific support of the x743 CAEN digitizers basing on the CAENDigitizer library.
This software can control multiple digitizers and, particularly, it can be used as a demonstrator of the synchronization of the V1743 / VX1743 digitizers. Specifically, WaveDemo can perform the following operations:
- Connect one or more digitizers through a physical communication interface (USB, Optical Link or VME).
- Program the digitizer according to parameters written in a configuration file (text file).
- Perform SAMLONG chips calibration.
- Start and stop the acquisition (run on/off).
- Configure the Trigger mode (software, external or on channel self-trigger).
- Read the event data and display the acquisition statistics.
- Perform some simple data analysis (post-processing) such as the histograms of energy and time of the events.
- Save the waveforms samples to ASCII or binary output files, as well as the histograms and the run information.
- Plot and process the acquired waveforms.
- Manage the configuration and acquisition of multiple boards in synchronized mode.
Besides being a ready-to-use software, WaveDemo is provided with C source files to let the users customize the code for personalized solutions.
The program core is a C application that configures the digitizer, starts/stops the acquisition, and manages the data readout according to a set of parameters as reported in the configuration text file. Data (waveforms or histograms) are plotted using Gnuplot, an external plotting tool, or saved to output text files. The configuration text file can be found in the installation folder, inside the bin folder.
|Supported Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux|
|Supported Products:||VME, NIM and Desktop x743 Digitizers|
|Supported Comm. Interface:||USB, Optical Link, VME|
|Additional Software Required:||CAENDigitizer, CAENComm, CAENVMELib, Gnuplot (Linux only)|
- Signal inspection and waveform recording
- Research and development of prototypes
- Data collection for offline statistical analysis
- Sensors readout and detectors’ performances
CAEN x743 Digitizer Readout ApplicationProduct page
|Name||File extension||File size||Revision||Last update|
|WaveDemo x743 User Manual||1.72 MB||0||April 4th, 2022|
Compare with Readout Software.