Backpack Radiation Detector
- Portable Radiation Detection Backpack with NaI(Tl) detector coupled with GammaS-tream integrated High Voltage Power Supply, Preamplifier and digital Multi-ChannelAnalyzer for scintillation spectroscopy
- High sensitivity radionuclide identification and quantification including a volume of 0.3 liter detector (1 liter on request)
- Automatic synchronization with GPS navigation and positioning system for radionuclide search, detection and localization
- Tablet including CAEN GammaEDU application
- Full stand-alone operation with embedded CPU, data storage (SSD) unit, and power supply for up to 8 hours operation
- Wired and wireless connectivity through USB, Ethernet, Wifi and Bluetooth interfaces
A portable detection backpack for revealing the presence of radioactive materials in the environment. The high efficiency of the scintillation crystal allows to perform a measurement in few minutes. GammaEDU can identify industrial, medical and naturally occurring radioactive isotopes in static and dynamic acquisition.
With the GammaEDU Android application the students can acquire and analyze in real time a g-ray spectrum to get the K, U and Th abundances, keep note of the surrounding environment, take the GPS coordinates and shoot a picture of the on-going measurement. The data are saved in a kmz file ready to be visualized on Google Earth and shared on Google Drive for producing a radioactivity map of the area.
CAEN Gamma stream is a compact and portable system for gamma ray spectroscopy with scintillation detectors, which provides an active Multi-Channel Analyzer (MCA) integrated in a 14-pin photo-multiplier tube (PMT) base. Gamma stream fully integrates in a stand-alone device the high voltage to bias the PMT, the preamplifier to shape the signal from detector, and the MCA for a complete Pulse Height Analysis online. Gamma stream makes easy the measurements with scintillation detectors NaI(Tl) [0.3l] with no need of additional cables.
The measurement can be run with a tablet in just one click!
The backpack includes a Tablet 10″ through which a series of outdoor measurements can be performed. With the GammaEDU Android application the user can acquire and analyze in real time a γ-ray spectrum to get the K, U and Th abundances, keep track of the surrounding environment, take the GPS coordinates and shoot a picture of the on-going measurements. The data are saved in a .kmz file ready to be visualized on Google Earth and shared for producing a radioactivity map of the area.
• Customs protection and border control
• Educational experiments and surveys
• Mapping of potential radon-prone areas
• Environmental monitoring in land field
• Geochemical and mineral exploration
• Scenario of emergency services
• Homeland security
Android App GammaEDU for real-time analysis – With the GammaEDU Android application users can acquire and analyze in real time a g-ray spectrum to get the K, U and Th abundances, keep note of the surrounding environment, take the GPS coordinates and shoot a picture of the on-going measurement. The data are saved in a kmz file ready to be visualized on Google Earth and shared on Google Drive for producing a radioactivity map of the area.
22 x 30 x 45 cm
- Operating temperature range
-10° C to 50° C, Humidity <95% non-condensing
- Naturally occurring isotopes
40K, 208Tl, 214Bi, 226Ra, 228Ra, 238U, 232Th
- Dose rate upper limit
Backpack Radiation DetectorProduct page
|Name||File extension||File size||Revision||Last update|
|SP5640 GammaEDU - Backpak Radiation Detector (ex GammaVIS)||4.83 MB||3||September 19th, 2019|
Related Software Products
|MC²Analyzer||Graphical software tool for digitizers running DPP-PHA firmware|
Compare with SiPM Kit.
|WK5640XAAAAA||SP5640 - GammaEDU RoHS|