12 Channel 4 kV / 1 mA Power Supply Board
- EASY Subsystem Power Supply Module
- Magnetic field and radiation tolerant
- 12 4 kV / 1 mA channels
- Channel floating up to 5 V between each other
- VMax and IMax set by trimmer
- Channel protections: overvoltage, overcurrent, overtemperature
- On/Off for each channel
- Interlock capability
- 48 V Service local and remote on/off
The CAEN Mod. A3540 4 kV / 1 mA Power Supply Board is developed for operation in magnetic field and radioactive environment. One A3540 houses 12 floating (up to 5 V between each other) 4 kV / 1 mA channels. The output voltage can be set with 500 mV monitor resolution.
Single width (1U wide), 12 channels (Mod. A3540)
Consult our connectors reference page for technical information.
If the output voltage differs from the programmed value by more than 3% of voltage full scale range, the channel is signalled to be either in Overvoltage and Undervoltage condition. Moreover, for each channel, a voltage protection limit SVMAX can be fixed via software with 500 mV resolution and the output voltage can not be programmed beyond this value.
The output current is monitored with 100 nA resolution; if a channel tries to draw a current larger than its programmed limit it is signalled to be in Overcurrent condition; the SY1527 system detects this state as a fault and reacts according to the setting of the TRIP parameter, namely:
- TRIP = infinite ( = 1000 s)
The output current is permitted to exceed the programmed limit; if the maximum output current value is reached the channel behaves like a constant current generator.
- TRIP = finite (< 1000 s)
The output current is permitted to exceed the limit only for programmed time interval and then is switched off.
The TRIP time (i.e. the maximum time an Overcurrent condition is allowed to last) can be programmed in 0.1 s steps.
The maximum output voltage (VMAX Hardware) can be fixed, through a potentiometer located on the front panel, at the same common value for all the board channels and this value can be read out via software.
- No. of Channels
Positive (A3540P) or Negative (A3540N), with individual floating return (up to 5 V between each other)
- Output Voltage
0 ÷ 4 kV (connector output)
- Max. Output Current
- Voltage Set/Monitor Resolution
- Current Set/Monitor Resolution
- VMAX hardware
0 ÷ 4 kV
- VMAX hardware accuracy
± 2% of FSR
- VMAX software
0 ÷ 4 kV
- VMAX software resolution
- Voltage Ripple
< 30 mV pp From 10 Hz to 20 MHz at full load
- Voltage Monitor vs. Output Voltage Accuracy
- Typical: ± 0.3% of reading ± 2.5 V
- Maximum: ± 0.3% of reading ± 5 V
- Voltage Set vs. Output Voltage Accuracy
- Typical: ± 0.3% of setting ± 2.5 V
- Maximum: ± 0.3% of setting ± 5 V
- Current Monitor vs. Output Current Accuracy
- Typical: ± 2% of reading ± 1 µA
- Maximum: ± 2% of reading ± 2 µA
- Current Set vs. Output Current Accuracy
- Typical: ± 2% of setting ± 1 µA
- Maximum: ± 2% of setting ± 2 µA
12 Channel 4 kV / 1 mA Power Supply BoardProduct page
|Name||File extension||File size||Revision||Last update|
|A3540 - 12 Channel 4 kV / 1 mA Power Supply Board||296.48 kB||8||November 2nd, 2009|
|Safety Information and Product Support Service (ENG/ITA)||1.83 MB||-||July 24th, 2023|
Compare with EASY3000 HV Power Supply Boards.
|WE3540XAAAAA||A3540N - EASY3000 H.V. channels -4 KV 1 mA(12 ch)|
|WE3540XPAAAA||A3540P - EASY3000 H.V. channels +4 KV 1 mA(12 ch)|