8 Channel 8 V/12 A Individual Floating Channel Board
- 8 independently controllable Low Voltage channels
- 0÷8 V output voltage and 12 A maximum current (60 W)
- Individual Floating Channels
- DB37 or 8 pin D-Sub connectors
- Individual remote sense lines
- Low ripple
- Under/over-voltage alert, overcurrent and max. voltage protection
- Interlock logic for unit enable
- Software Tool for easy channel management
The power supply A2551 is a single width board (5 TE wide) that houses 8 independent Low Voltage Individual Floating channels, compatible with the CAEN Universal Multichannel Power Supply System (SY4527, SY5527). The A2551 is available in different versions equipped with D-Sub 8-pin or with DB37 connector:
D-Sub 8W8 – 8 pin high current connector
Single width (5 TE wide), 8 channel
– Single width (5 TE wide),8 channels
Consult our connectors reference page for technical information
A2551 Individual Floating channels allow on-detector grounding, reducing the noise level. The floating channels are insulated from each other up to ±500 V. Each output channel is provided with individual remote sensing lines to compensate for the voltage drop over the connection cables.
The output voltage range is 0 ÷ 8 V, with 0.2 mV monitor resolution (connector and sense voltages). The maximum output current is 12 A with 500 μA monitor resolution. The Maximum channel power is 60 W. The Output Voltage RAMP UP and RAMP DOWN Times may be selected indipendently for each channel in 1 ÷ 500 V/s range (1 V/s step).
Safety features include:
- Overvoltage detection: if a channel voltage exceeds the programmed Overvoltage threshold value (OVVThr), it is signaled to be in “overvoltage” and is switched off.
- Undervoltage detection: if a channel voltage decreases below the programmed undervoltage threshold (UNVThr) it is signaled to be in “undervoltage” and is switched off.
- Overcurrent detection: if a channel tries to draw a current larger than its programmed limit, it is signalled to be in “overcurrent”; when overcurrent is detected, the relevant channel can be programmed either to turn off after a programmable trip time or to keep on providing the maximum allowed current: this feature allows the module to work as current generator.
- A global enable/disable connector allows to disable the channels and it is also possible, via front panel logic signals, to enable individually each channel (A2551A only).
1 unit (5 TE) wide; 6U – High mechanics
- No. of Channels
Individual Floating (±500V isolation)
- Output Voltage
0 ÷ 8V
- Max Output Current
- Max Output Power (connector Output)
- Vset Resolution
- Iset Resolution
- Vmon Resolution
- Imon Resolution
- Ramp Up/Down
1-500V/s (1 V/s step)
- Voltage Ripple (10Hz ÷ 20MHz)
* ±% read value ± % FS
Vout/Vmon: ± 0.1% ± 20mV
Vset/Vout: ± 0.1% ± 20mV
Iout/Imon: ± 1% ± 50mA
Iset/Iout: ± 1% ± 100mA
- Hardware OVV Protection
0 to 999.9s; 1000s = Infinite; step 0.1s
- Temperature range
0 ÷ 45°C
8 Channel 8 V/12 A Individual Floating Channel BoardProduct page
|Name||File extension||File size||Revision||Last update|
|A255x - individual floating 8 ch 60 W LV board||924.21 kB||0||February 25th, 2021|
|Precautions for Handling Storage Installation (ENG/ITA)||179.29 kB||-||April 10th, 2019|
Compare with Floating Low Voltage Power Supplies.
|WA2551AXAAAA||A2551A - individual floating 8 ch 8 V/12 A (60 W) board - DB37 conn. RoHS|
|WA2551XAAAAA||A2551 - individual floating 8 ch 8 V/12 A (60 W) board RoHS|