4 Ch Reversible 1 kV/200 µA NIM HV Power Supply Module (USB)
- 4 independent channels in 1U NIM module
- 1 kV / 200 µA output range
- Channels with individually selectable positive or negative polarity
- SHV output connectors
- Common floating return
- Low Ripple
- Under/over-voltage alert, overcurrent and max. voltage protection
- Interlock logic for board enable and Individual channel kill
- 5 nA Current monitor resolution (with x10 Imon-Zoom: 500 pA)
- Graphic color display
- Local and Remote control (USB2.0/RS485/RS232)
- Daisy-chain capabilty
- Optional DC Input Power Equalizer
- Software Tools for easy channel management
The CAEN Mod. N1410 provides 4 independent High Voltage channels in a single width NIM mechanics. Each channel can provide a ±1kV max voltage, a 200 µA max current. The output polarity is independently selectable for each channel. Channels have common floating return (common return insulated from the crate ground); HV outputs are delivered through SHV connectors. The HV output Ramp-up and Ramp-down rates may be selected independently for each channel in the range 1÷100 V/s in 1 V/s steps. The module features 5 nA Iset/Imon resolution. Features include Imon Zoom, increasing resolution to 500 pA.
NIM single width, 4 channels for Mod. N1410
Consult our connectors reference page for technical information.
Power supply control can be performed either locally, assisted by a Graphic color display or remotely, via USB, RS232 or RS485, the latter allowing to build a daisy chain network of modules N14XX. It is also controllable via TCP/IP by the Smart Fan Unit of CAEN NIM8301.
Safety features allows the module to perform as a current generator and includes:
|Overvoltage and Undervoltage warning||when the output voltage differs from the programmed value by more than 2% of set value (minimum 1V).|
|Overcurrent detection||if a channel tries to draw a current larger than its programmed limit, it enters TRIP status, keeping the maximum allowed value for a programmable time (TRIP), before being switched off.|
||Programmable VMAX protection limit.|
|Common Interlock logic||for channels enable/disable and individual inputs signal for channel Kill function.|
Module control can take place either locally, assisted by a Graphic colour display, or remotely, via USB (1) or RS485 (1). It is also controllable via TCP/IP (2) by the Smart Fan Unit of CAEN NIM8301 crate.
- A1480 DC Input Power Equalizer.
N14xx modules are provided with a USB VCP interface and can be programmed via PC by connecting the PC USB port with the N14xx USB B-type port; the featured controller (FT232BM chip) requires a driver available on this page or at www.ftdichip.com
Single width NIM unit
- Output channels
4 channels, Common Floating Return, SHV connector Positive or Negative Polarity (requires internal setting)
- Output ranges
1 kV / 200 µA (IMRANGE = High)
1 kV / 20 µA (IMRANGE = Low) – Imon Zoom Active
- Max. Ch. Output Power
- Vset Resolution
- Vmon Resolution
- Iset Resolution
- Imon Resolution
5 nA (IMRANGE = High)
500 pA (IMRANGE = Low) – Imon Zoom Active
0 ÷ 1050 V Absolute maximum HV level that the channel is allowed to reach, independently from the preset value Vset.
Output voltage cannot exceed the preset value Vmax. The accuracy is 1 % ± 0.5 V
- Vmax resolution
± 0.1 V
- Ramp Up/Down
1÷100 Volt/s, 1 Volt/s step
- Max. time an “overcurrent” can last (seconds). A channel in “overcurrent” works as a current generator; output voltage varies in order to keep the output current lower than the programmed value.
- “Overcurrent” lasting more than set value (1 to 9999) causes the channel to “trip”.
- Output voltage will drop to zero either at the Ramp-down rate or at the fastest available rate, depending on Power Down setting; in both cases the channel is put in the OFF state.
- Trip range: 0 ÷ 999.9 s; 1000 s = INFINITE. Step = 0.1 s (If trip= INFINITE, “overcurrent” lasts indefinitely).
- Voltage Ripple
- 10 ÷ 1000 Hz. Typical: 10 mVpp / Maximum: 15 mVpp
- 1 ÷ 20000 kHz. Typical: 3 mVpp / Maximum: 5 mVpp
- Vmon vs. Vout Accuracy
±0.02% of read value ±500 mV
- Vset vs. Vout Accuracy
±0.02% of read value ±500 mV
- Imon vs. Iout Accuracy
±2% of read value ±20 nA (IMRANGE = High)
±2% of read value ±2 nA (IMRANGE = Low) – Imon Zoom Active
- Iset vs. Iout Accuracy
±2% of read value ±30 nA (IMRANGE = High)
±2% of read value ±3 nA (IMRANGE = Low) – Imon Zoom Active
- Humidity range
0 ÷ 80%
- Operating temperature
0 ÷ 45°C
- Storage temperature
-10 ÷ 70°C
- Vout / Temperature coefficient
max. 50 ppm/°C
- Imon / Temperature coefficient
max 100 ppm/C°; max 300 ppm/C° with Imon zoom
- Long term stability Vout vs. Vset
± 0.02% (after one week @ constant temperature)
4 Ch Reversible 1 kV/200 µA NIM HV Power Supply Module (USB)Product page
|Name||File extension||File size||Revision||Last update|
|N1410 - 4Ch Reversible 1000 V/200 ÂµA NIM HV Power Supply Module||1.46 MB||0||May 10th, 2022|
|Safety Information and Product Support Service (ENG/ITA)||1.83 MB||-||July 24th, 2023|
Related Software Products
|SW1470||Control Software for NIM Power Supply Modules|
|CAEN HV Wrapper Library||Library for CAEN Power Supply Control|
|EPICS IOC (PSM Power Supply Modules)||EPICS IOC for Power Supply Modules|
|GECO2020||GEneral COntrol Software for CAEN HV Power Supplies|
|LabVIEW Driver (PSM - Power Supply Modules)||LabVIEW Instrument Driver for Power Supply Modules|
Compare with NIM High Voltage Power Supplies.
|WN1410XAAAAA||N1410 - 4Ch Reversible 1000 V/200 µA NIM HV Power Supply Module RoHS|