32 Channel Latching Scaler
- Available with either ECL or LVDS inputs
- 250 MHz counting frequency
- 32 bit channel depth
- 32 k x 32 bit multievent buffer memory
- Multichannel scaler operation with programmable dwell time from 1.2 µs to 1700 s
- BLT32/MBLT64 and CBLT32/CBLT64 data transfer
- Multicast commands
- Live insertion
The CAEN Mod. V830 is a 1-unit wide VME 6U Multievent Latching Scaler, housing 32 independent counting channels. Each channel has 32 bit counting depth and accepts either ECL or LVDS inputs, depending on the purchased version; the maximum input frequency is 250 Mhz. The counters’ values can be read on the fly from VME without interfering on data acquisition process. The model V830 is equipped with a 32 k x 32 bit multievent buffer memory which may be used to store and readout accumulated data during subsequent counting. The Trigger signal can be provided by an external NIM/ECL signal or by a VME request. It is also possible to generate a periodical Trigger signal by means of an internal programmable timer. The module features VETO and CLEAR ECL inputs and a TEST NIM input (in common for all channels).
The model V830 works in A24/A32 mode and data transfer occurs in D32, BLT32 or MBLT64 mode. The unit also supports the Chained Block Transfer (CBLT32/CBLT64) and the Multicast commands. The board has a special circuitry that allows it to be removed from and inserted in a powered crate without switching the crate off.
6U-high, 1U-wide VME unit (version AA requires the V430 backplane)
32 ECL or LVDS inputs, 110 Ω impedance
- Maximum counting rate
- Channel depth
32 significant bits for “on the fly” readout
- Dwell Time
Internal programmable 32-bit timer in 400 ns steps
External, internal with programmable timer, internal via VME access
- Trigger input
Two bridged LEMO connector, NIM signal, min. width 30 ns, high impedance
- TEST input
One LEMO connector, NIM signal, high impedance, common to all channels.
- Control inputs
Active-high, differential ECL input signals:
- CLR: clear of all the scalers, min. FWHM 10 ns
- TRG: signal for on the fly scalers data latching, min. FWHM 10 ns
- VETO: inhibits all the counters
- Control outputs
Differential ECL output signals:
- DRDY: indicates the presence of data in the MEB.
- BUSY: indicates that the module is busy and refuses triggers.
- DTACK: green LED; lights up at each VME access.
- TERM: orange/green/red LED; alight according to line termination status
- DRDY: green LED; alight as there is one event in the MEB (for V830)
- BUSY: red LED; it signals that the module is busy and ignores incoming triggers
- FULL: red LED; alight when the MEB is full
- OVC/PWR: green/orange LED; green at board
- VME interface
- Addressing: A24, A32
- Data Transfer: D16, D32, BLT32, BLT64, CBLT32, CBLT64
- Geographical addressing
- Multicast commands
32 Channel Latching ScalerProduct page
|Name||File extension||File size||Revision||Last update|
|V820/V830 - 32 Channel Latching Scaler Family||284.39 kB||4||November 2nd, 2015|
|Safety Information and Product Support Service (ENG/ITA)||1.83 MB||-||July 24th, 2023|
Compare with Scalers.
|WV830LXCAAAA||V830LC - 32 Channel 32 Bit Scaler 250 MHz LVDS inputs (No JAUX, With FIFO) (Obsolete) RoHS|
|WV830XACAAAA||V830AC - 32 Channel 32 Bit Scaler 250 MHz ECL inputs (With FIFO, No JAUX) (Obsolete) RoHS|