Triple 4-Fold Logic Unit/Majority with VETO
- Three independent sections with 4 standard NIM inputs each
- AND, OR, MAJORITY function selectable for each section
- One auxiliary NIM output per section whose width is equal to the coincidence duration
- NIM shaped outputs with Fan Out of two
- One negated NIM shaped output per section
- One VETO input per section
- Front panel trimmer for output width adjustment on each section
The Mod. N405 is a one unit wide NIM module housing three independent sections that can be used either as logic unit or majority. The two modes are selectable via internal DIP switches.
Each section accepts 4 input signals, a VETO input and provides 4 outputs (2 normal and 1 complementary, shaped, plus 1 linear). The linear output provides a signal whose width is equal to the time during which the input signals satisfy the conditions programmed via the front panel lever switches. The shaped output widths can be set via front panel trimmers in the range 6 ns to 800 ns.
LOGIC UNIT MODE
The input signals can be disabled by means of a front panel lever switch. Each section can be programmed to perform either the AND or the OR functions via front panel switches. When only one input signal is enabled the section acts as a logic FAN-OUT independently from the selected mode.
The front panel enable/disable lever switches are used to set the majority level. The AND/OR lever switch must be set in the AND position.
One unit wide NIM module
Std. NIM level, 50 Ohm impedance
Reflection coefficient: less than 6% for Std. NIM inputs of 2 ns risetime
Minimum pulse width: 3.5 ns (FWHM)
Std. NIM level, 50 Ohm impedance.
Reflection coefficient: less than 6% for Std. NIM inputs of 2 ns risetime.
Minimum width: 10 ns (FWHM). The VETO signal must precede the coincidence event by at least 3 ns.
- OUT and /OUT
Std. NIM level on 50 Ohm impedance
Width ranges: 6 ns to 100 ns or 20 ns to 800 ns selectable via internal jumpers
Rise/Falltime: 2 ns (10% to 90%)
Input/Output delay: 14 ns ± 2 ns
Std. NIM level on 50 Ohm impedance.
– when the J6 internal jumper is inserted, the linear output has the same width as the input coincidence duration;
– when the J6 internal jumper is not inserted, the linear output width is 3 ns.
Rise/Falltime: 2 ns (10% to 90%).
Input/Output delay: 12 ns ± 2 ns.
- AND/OR logic unit mode
Double pulse resolution (OR): 4.5 ns
Minimum coincidence overlap (AND): 3 ns
- MAJORITY logic unit mode
If “n” are the connected input signals (1 < or = n < or = 4) it is possible to set any majority level “m” with 1 < or = m < or = n
Compare with Coincidence/Logic/Trigger Units.
|WN405XAAAAAA||N405 - Triple 4-Fold Logic Unit/Majority with Veto|