16Ch Programmable Spectroscopy Amplifier and Dual 16Ch CFD (30% and 80%)
- 16 channels in a one unit wide NIM module
- Positive or negative inputs accepted on each channel
- ±4 V input dynamics on 50 Ω
- Completely programmable via RS485 interface
- Programmable (2 bit) shaping time per channel (0.5 ÷ 4 µs)
- 2 bit coarse gain and 7 bit fine gain for energy amplifier
- 2 bit coarse gain for timing amplifier
- Maximum gain: 280 @ 4 µs shaping time / 220 @ 0.5 µs shaping time
- 8 bit pole zero adjustment
- 16 energy gaussian outputs with programmable polarity
- 16 channel CFD (30% constant fraction)
- 16 channel CFD (80% constant fraction)
- 16 channel 30% CFD multiplexed output
- Energy multiplexed output
- OR and Sum output
- Libraries, Demos (C and LabView) and Software tools for Windows and Linux
The CAEN Mod. N1568A is a 16 channel Programmable Spectroscopy Amplifier and Dual 16Ch CFD (30% and 80% constant fraction) implemented in a single-width NIM module.
This module is designed to be used with silicon detectors connected to charge preamplifiers, where the measure of charges collection time allows to obtain the identification in Z of the particles caught by the detector. The rise time is measured via two constant fraction discriminators (30% and 80% of rise time respectively).
Each channel is composed by two sections: Energy section (A) and Timing section (B). The input signal is sent to both sections simultaneously. Section A processes the input signal with a differential circuit, followed by the gain stages (coarse: 2 bit; fine: 8 bit), and finally by the shaping.
Section B processes the signal with a low noise differential stage (500 ns) followed by a 2 bit programmable linear gain stage; the signal is then fed to two low walk and high resolution Constant Fraction Discriminator sections (30% and 80% constant fraction respectively).
The discriminators share a 8 bit common threshold; the discriminators delay is adjustable via PCB jumpers (6 steps from 15 to 150 ns).
The RS485 interface allows to handle most functional parameters such as Shaping Time, Coarse and Fine Gain, Input Polarity, CFD Thresholds, Pole Zero Adjustment etc.
Positive or negative pulses, max. amplitude of ±4V, 50 Ω impedance
Input polarity must be set via terminal
- E OUT
Unipolar/Gaussian signal with a dynamic range of 0 ÷ ± 8V max (on 1 MΩ), 50 Ω output impedance; polarity must be set via terminal
- OUT CFD 30%
A and B connectors, ECL output; width 750÷1000 ns
- OUT CFD 80%
- 80% CFD OUT
Differential ECL output
- MUX E
- On LEMO connector, 0 ÷ ±5V max (on 1 MΩ), 50 Ω impedance; high impedance when disabled.
- On double row connector, 0 ÷ ±5V max (on 1 MΩ), 50 Ω impedance, high impedance when disabled, same polarity as E OUT, amplitude: 0.625x E OUT(on 1 MΩ)
- MUX CFD 30%
– 4 mA current output (-200 mV on 50 Ω)
Sum of OUT CFD 30%; – 1 mA current output per hit, 50 mV on 50 Ω
- On LEMO connector, standard NIM output; -16 mA current output
- On double row connector, -16 mA current output
- Integral Non Linearity
±0.05% in 20÷90% of the full scale @ Gain=Max and 4 µs shaping time (± 0.12% typ. for any shaping time).
- Equivalent Input Noise
< 10 µV (Gain=max; 4 µs shaping time)
- Interchannel Crosstalk
<-55 dB at max Gain, 4 µs shaping time and 4 V input on adjacent channel
- Coarse Gain Range
- 2 bit adjustable (1, 4, 16, 64 circa); set 0 / gain =1; set 1 / gain =4; etc.
- Normalized respect to minimum gain = 0.8
- Fine Gain Range
- 0÷191 counts adjustable, from 1 to 4 circa; set 0 / gain =1.set 191 / gain = 4
- Normalized respect to minimum gain = 0.8
- Shaping Time
Selectable time constant of 0.5 µs, 1 µs, 2 µs and 4 µs by 2 bits (0 leads to 4 µs; 1 to 2 µs etc.)
- Pole-zero Adjustment
50 to 2000 µs
- Shaping Time for Timing section
1000 ns Diff., 10 ns Int.
- Corse Gain Timing
2 bit adjustable (1, 2, 4, 8 circa); set 0 / gain =1; set 1 / gain=2; etc.
- CFD Threshold
- 20 ÷ 700 mV (settable from 0 ÷ 700 mV on 8bit)
- set 0 /CFD THR=0 mV.set 255/CFD THR=700 mV
- THR value measured directly on the discriminator; THR = 700 mV correspond to 1V input amplitude, with Coarse gain Timing = 0, Input rise time/fall time = 100 ns, delay = 100 ns
- Delay Value of the CFD 30%
Selectable by SMD zero Ω resistance on PCB (soldered on J3 socket) between 15 to 150ns (6 steps): 15 ns, 22 ns, 30 ns, 37 ns, 100 ns (default), 150 ns
- Delay Value of the CFD80%
150 ns fixed
- Rise time linearity (CFD 30% to CFD 80%)
<3% (from 20 ns to 250 ns input rise time)
16Ch Programmable Spectroscopy Amplifier and Dual 16Ch CFD (30% and 80%)Product page
|Name||File extension||File size||Revision||Last update|
|N1568A-16Ch Programmable Spectroscopy Amplifier and Dual 16Ch CFD (30% and 80%)||623.88 kB||0||July 31st, 2015|
|Safety Information and Product Support Service (ENG/ITA)||1.83 MB||-||July 24th, 2023|
Compare with Amplifiers (Spectroscopy).
|WN1568AXAAAA||N1568A - 16 Ch. Programmable Spectroscopy Amplifier and Dual 16Ch CFD (30%; 80%) RoHS|