Radionuclide Identifying Device (RID)
- Detects and identifies nuclides in mixed, shielded and heavily masked configurations including Special Nuclear Material
- Spectra view and analysis with data storage for Reachback
- Small, lightweight (<1,25 Kg, <2,7 lbs)
- Underwater operation to 10 meters (IP68)
- User Interface with day and night view
- High accuracy dose measurement
- Finder mode with directionality
- Spectrometry at up to 1 million cps between 10 KeV to 1 MeV
- Replaceable batteries
- Multiple modes of configuration
- Operation from remote PC with full view of the screens
- N42.42 data format
- Superior efficiency with rugged non-hygroscopic BGO detector
The DiscoveRAD is an ultra-compact, rugged, sensitive Radionuclide Identifying Device (RID). It provides superior usability by offering a wider energy range, higher throughput, and better stability in a wearable handheld. For the first time, a 2”x 1” size BGO detector is combined with high precision, high-speed digital electronics in an ergonomic lightweight enclosure. The novel design features a water-tight aluminium housing and is small enough to be worn on a belt.
Law enforcement, customs, and other agencies are using RIDs as part of a national strategy to stop the illicit trafficking of radioactive material. When radiation sources are detected by screening devices such as radiation portal monitors or radiation pagers, RIDs are used to analyse the nature of the radioactive source and determine if it presents a high-level threat. Radiological emergency personnel, firefighters, and other responders also use RIDs for situational awareness during radiological emergencies. DiscoveRAD is a portable RID with an extensive radionuclide library, fully compliant with ANSI standards for the RID category. DiscoveRAD can continuously scan and identify radiological threats in real time even in mixed source environments with a high level of confidence. Detects and identifies nuclides in mixed, shielded and heavily masked configurations including Special Nuclear Material.
All measurements are saved on the instrument (25 GB user storage capacity) and can easily be transferred without special software.
Its multiple interfaces and the built-in web interface allow easy and flexible reach-back operation. The interface also provides for secure remote maintenance and remote operation of the instrument.
235 mm x 88 mm x 92 mm (9.3“ x 3.5“ x 3.6“)
Weight: 1,250 g (2.7 lbs)
Radionuclide Identifying Device (RID)Product page
|Name||File extension||File size||Revision||Last update|
|DiscoveRAD - The most efficient Radionuclide Identifying Device (RID)||5.29 MB||0||June 14th, 2022|
|WSRAD501AAAA||DiscoveRAD 501 Radiation Isotope Identifier RoHS|